I know I recently shared a potato recipe and you must be wondering how can I come up with another one so soon, but you can make potatoes in so many different ways that I couldn’t help sharing another one with you. And this is not the end of potato recipes…. There are more to come, so be prepared. Meanwhile, enjoy this one!
4-5 medium Potatoes (peeled and cut into big pieces)
½ medium Onion/ shallot (cut lengthwise)
Salt (according to taste)
2-3 whole red chillies
1 pinch Red chilli powder (according to taste)
¼ Tsp. Turmeric powder
1 Tb. Sp. Sunflower Oil
1 Tsp. Cumin (jeera)
½ Tsp. Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
¼ Tsp. Garam masala
1 Tsp. Tomato purée
1. Heat oil.
2. Add cumin and whole red chillies.
3. When they start spluttering, add onions.
4. When the onions are semi-cooked add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix
5. Add potatoes and some water.
6. Cover and let it cook on low flame. Keep stirring from time to time.
7. When the potatoes are cooked, add tomato purée and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Add garam masala and coriander powder.
9. Mix well.
10. Let it cook at low flame for approximately 5 minutes.
Serve as a side dish with chapattis, rice or poories.