Friday 22 June 2012

Apple Crumble

Well, I don't really have a sweet tooth and I rarely, if ever, have desserts/ sweets.  But I do like to have something sweet once in a while.  The other day I had apple crumble at a friend's place and liked it so much that I decided to try it at my place... And it turned out that I really liked it.  And that's how this recipe has come to you.

Ingredients:

- 6 apples
- 150 gms brown-coloured sugar
- 150 gms wheat flour (maida)
- 125 gms butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (dalchini)
- 1 packet of vanilla flavoured sugar
-  50 gms powdered almonds
- juice of one lemon

Preparation:

Preheat the oven at 210°C.
Peel the apples.  Remove their middle part cut them in big cubes.
Spread them in a baking dish.

















Pour lemon juice, cinnamon powder and vanilla flavoured sugar on the apples.















Take a big bowl / salad dish / paraat (Indians) and mix wheat flour and brown-coloured sugar.
Then add cubes of butter and mix it so as to obtain a lumpy mix.















Spread this flour-mix on the apples so as to cover the same.
















Put in the oven for half an hour (30 minutes).

Serve warm alone or with whipped cream or vanilla-flavoured ice-cream or all three of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment