Every time you want to prepare snacks for yourself or your little angels, isn’t it a struggle to search for a healthy and yummy option? Well, today, I’m sharing a traditional recipe that is not only healthy but yummy as well.
1 Tb. Sp. Sunflower Oil
1 Tsp. Mustard seeds
1 medium Potato (peeled and cut into small cubes)
Salt (according to taste)
1 pinch Red chilli powder (according to taste)
½ Tsp. Turmeric powder
100 gms Rice Flakes (chidwa/ chooDa/ pohey)
1 Green chilli (optional)
½ medium sized Onion finely chopped (optional)
1 Tb Sp Sugar (optional)
25 gms Green coriander, finely chopped.
5-6 drops Lemon juice (optional)
2 Tb Sp Haldiram’s Bhujia/ any namkeen (optional)
1. Wash rice flakes under running water (in a sieve).
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add mustard seeds.
4. When the seeds start sputtering add potato cubes. Stir fry till they are golden brown.
5. Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Add washed rice flakes. Mix well and cover for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add onion, green chilli, lemon juice and sugar. Stir well and cover.
8. Take off the heat and garnish with green coriander, mix.
9. Serve in a bowl and garnish with bhujia.
And if you wish to make it healthier, just add a few veggies such as peas and carrots (finely chopped) after step 4. Have a nice and healthy meal!