Wednesday 16 November 2011

Welcome to the World of Healthy Vegetarianism!

Well, like many Indians I am a lacto-vegetarian which is probably the oldest form of vegetarianism in the world.  Every time I tell someone that I'm vegetarian, people ask me all types of questions:  Isn't it difficult?  Do you get all necessary nutrients?  What about proteins? 

Often, people think that I should eat more than others to compensate for the fact that I am vegetarian.  Please note that being vegetarian doesn't mean that I need to eat more but what is required is to have a balanced meal and it is possible even if you are vegetarian.  The fact that we have survived till date implies that we get all nutrients that we need and this in spite of the fact that we are vegetarian. 

So this blog is an answer to all such queries and a place where you'll find vegetarian recipes as well as information about vegetarian food joints and restaurants all over the world.

In addition to this, you'll also be able to read about various qualities of food items that are used commonly in Indian homes in order to help cure ailments.  If you are a vegetarian and looking for such information then you are at the right place.  And if there is a good vegetarian recipe and/ or restaurant and/ or food joint about which you'd like to add information then please feel free to write to me and I'll do the same.

Welcome to the world of healthy vegetarianism! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment