Tuesday 29 November 2011

Simply delicious

The other day I bought some precooked frozen vegetables.  These had been advertised as Chinese wok-style vegetables and were so tasteless that I didn't know what to do.  I didn't want to throw it all.  And I was actually considering that when I had an idea and as it turned out this simple idea saved the day for me. 

The vegetables were finely cut and I think that they hadn't added anything.  I guess some supermarket giants think that we vegetarians will eat anything.  Please note that this is not the case and we do deserve well cooked food.  And if you are like me and can't eat anything that's bland and tasteless, here's what I did to make it eatable.

Ingredients:

1 cup   Precooked frozen vegetables (finely chopped)
1 Tsp   Mustard seeds
2          Whole red chillies
Curry leaves
Oil
Salt (according to taste, please taste the precooked vegetables and adjust accordingly)
4 Tsp   Grated Coconut

Procedure

Heat oil in a pan.
Add mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves. 
Add Salt and mix.
Add Grated coconut and mix.  Lower the flame.
Add precooked frozen vegetables, mix.  Cover and leave for 2-3 minutes.
Serve with rice and lentils.

It took me 5-6 minutes and I didn't have to throw the whole thing out and had a delicious meal.  I hope that you'll enjoy this recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment