Friday 16 December 2011

The magic of garlic

Quite a few of us love the taste of garlic but avoid eating it because they are scared of smelling of garlic.  Everyone has his or her own preference.  Personally, I don't have anything against the fragrance of garlic.  Though my father's family doesn't consume garlic because it is considered 'tamasika' according to Indian philosophy but it is consumed in my mother's family.  So I didn't really eat garlic in the beginning but tasted it from time to time when I stayed at my maternal grandparents' house.  I used to like it so I use it from time to time whenever I am alone. 

Of course, as my maternal grandfather was into Ayurveda and Hippocratic medicine, I learnt the benefits of garlic from him.  It is tamasik in nature and is beneficial for root (i.e. Muladhara) and sacral (Swadhishthana) chakras. 

Garlic is considered excellent for preventing heart diseases and digestive system.
 
So if you are one of those who avoid garlic because of its smell, here's how you can eat it and yet avoid smelling of garlic at the same time. 

Benefits:

Other benefits of garlic include, but are not limited to:
1. It helps increase hunger.
2. Helps maintain body heat and glow on face.
3. Helps one get rid of intestinal parasites (commonly called stomach worms).
4. Increases blood
5. Is considered useful in asthma, cold, whooping cough, head-ache, etc.

Ingredients:
Garlic

Procedure:
1. Peel garlic.
2. Take a garlic clove. 
3. Cut it longitudinal and look carefully.  You'll see a greenish white part in the middle that is sort of a seed. 









4. Take a knife and point it at the bottom of the germ and simply remove this part.

Now you can use garlic and you won't smell of garlic as much. 

Easy, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment